What Each Participant Must Bring
- 3 copies of their team roster (see “Roster Creation” below) – Block Dice, d8 and 2d6s
- Models representing their team and players. Each player must be numbered.
- Pen or pencil
- A pitch and dug outs (not required, but if you have a pitch/dug outs please bring them with you to ensure we have enough!)
Games will be played using the rules from the Blood Bowl 2016 Rule Book, Death Zone: Season 1, and Death Zone: Season 2, with the following modifications:
- Illegal procedure will not be in effect.
- Turns will not be timed unless Coaches prefer otherwise. Simply discuss this with your opponent before each match begins.
- Rosters are reset after each round. This means players are restored to health/life, star player points are not accumulated, no improvement rolls are made and no gold is earned.
Each Coach has an allowance of 1,100,000 gold pieces to create their roster and purchase skill and stat increases (at the costs listed on page 22, Death Zone: Season 1. Reference the Blood Bowl rule book for appropriate values and rules. The following restrictions apply:
- No player may be given more than one skill OR stat increase.
- No more than 2 players may be given the same skill.
- No extraordinary skills may be taken.
- Strength or agility stat increases may not be taken.
- Players with strength of 5 or more may not be given double skills unless they play for a Goblin, Halfling, or Ogre team.
- Star players may not be given any skills or stat increases.
- You must have at least 11 players on your roster. Please note: Star Players purchased during team creation can count towards the minimum 11 players required for a team.
- Inducements may be purchased during team creation, including Star Players, but excludes Wizards, Special Play Cards and Unlimited Mercenaries. Purchased inducements are considered a permanent part of the team and can be used each game. Opposing teams may have the same Star Player, contrary to the rule book.
- The “Piling-On” optional rule (Death Zone: Season 1) will be used. No other optional rules will be in effect, and the (In)famous Coaching Staff will likewise not be used.
- In addition to the teams in the three rulebooks, the Slaan team and Star Players from the following document will also be allowed (https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/NAFRulesFeb17.pd )
* Minimum of 8 players needed for tournament to take place
Friday, September 15
9:00 AM – 9:45 AM, Registration
10:00 AM – 12:15 PM, First Round
12:15 PM – 1:15 PM, Lunch Break
1:15 PM – 3:30 PM, Second Round
3:45 PM – 6:00 PM, Third Round
6:15 PM, Awards
Opponents will be selected randomly for Round 1. Rounds 2 and 3 will be selected using the system of Swiss pairing (most points vs. most points, lowest points vs. lowest points, etc.)
Coaches are awarded points based on the following:
+20 points for each win
+10 points for each draw
0 points for each loss
+ 1 point for each touchdown scored
+ 1 point per casualty (Only those that would normally result in SPPs)